Help support the Harvard Black Alumni Community serve each other, the University and the communities in which we live and work around the world.
The Harvard Black Alumni Society is incorporated as a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation. HBAS is not financially supported by Harvard University or related entities. As a mainly volunteer-run organization, individual donations are of great importance to our ongoing operations.
By making a tax-deductible donation to HBAS you'll help ensure that our organization continues to grow and serve the alumni and broader communities in a sustainable manner.
Alumni donations make it possible to:
Public Service Fellowship: Increasing the number of public service fellowship awards granted annual by HBAS
- Award Public Service Fellowships to Students & Alumni interested in pursuing careers in the public sector
Access & Awareness: Improving the pipeline of African-American students attending the University
- HBAS Admissions: Phon-a-Thon | Alumni Interviewers
- Supporting Scholarships Dedicated to Increasing the Number of African-American students at Harvard
- Graduate & Undergraduate Admissions Guides & Resources: HBAS Guide(s) to Applying to Harvard College, Law School and Business School
Community Building, Support & Legacy:
- Harvard Black Alumni Weekend
- Endowed Professorship at the University
- Programming & Member Support Services
Online donations are quick and easy using our secure credit card transactions, and you can decide when and how you want to donate.
If you wish to donate via CHECK, checks can be made payable to the Harvard Black Alumni Society and mailed to: Harvard Black Alumni Society 225 Franklin Street, 26th Floor, Boston, MA 02110. We will issue a receipt via email. If applicable, please indicate your degree/class year in the memo line of your check.
The following giving categories may assist you in making your annual donation.
Friend: $1 - $249
Donor: $250 - $499
Patron: $500 - $999
Sponsor: $1,000 - $2,499
Benefactor: $2,500 - $4,999
Vanguard: $5,000 - $9,999